20 × Network Engineers (Amazon)
AU, Sydney • Amazon Corporate Services Pty Ltd
Amazon.com is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to help deploy, scale and automate one of the world’s largest and complex networks. With Amazon Web Services, our goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” to the world. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
As a Network Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
- Responsible for deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services.
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global datacenters. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
- Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
- Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
- Create and implement changes on the network.
- Work closely with our automation teams in defining the tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions and troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Candidates should have 2+ years industry experience in a similar environment.
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major router platforms; specifically with Cisco 37xx, 49xx, 65xx, 73xx, 76xx, Nexus 7K and Juniper MX/EX platforms including all compatible supervisory and line cards for these platforms.
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
- Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: DWDM, T1/DS1, DS3, SONET (OC3, OC48), 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, netflow, DNS, HTTP.
- Experience designing network and datacenter installations utilizing L2 and L3 protocols
Strong Unix skills and the ability to script in Perl, Python, shell, C or C++ is desirable. Understanding of load balancing and layer 4-7 technologies. Experience with mission critical multicast systems is highly desired.
TO APPLY: SEND YOUR RESUME TO INFO@ITIC.COM.AU AND QUOTE THE JOB TITLE.