This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2014 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
Administering Microsoft SQL
Server 2012 Databases
Course Code: ITIC20462
Duration: 5 days (Daytime Class), 5 weeks (Weekend Class)
Lecture: 35 hours
Daytime class Mon – Fri 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Weekend class Sat 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Exam: 70-462 Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases
Credit towards Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA): SQL Server 2012
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe core database administration tasks and tools.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2014.
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage.
- Plan and implement a backup strategy.
- Restore databases from backups.
- Import and export data. Monitor SQL Server.
- Trace SQL Server activity.
- Manage SQL Server security.
- Audit data access and encrypt data.
- Perform ongoing database maintenance.
- Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent Jobs.
- Configure Database Mail, alerts and notifications.
*Please note the course schedule is subject to changes.