Learn how to provision and configure advanced services using Windows Server 2012 with this five-day course. This course is part three, in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses will collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these three courses, this course primarily covers advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), identity management, rights management, Federated services, network load balancing, failover clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery.
Windows Server 2012
Course Code: ITIC20412
Duration: 4 Weeks (Weekend class), 4 Days (Daytime class)
Lecture hours: 24
Lab hours: 40 (self-practice lab – book your own time)
Weekend class Sunday10:00AM-4:00PM
Daytime class Monday-Thursday 10:00AM-4:00PM
Exam: 70-412 Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
Credit towards Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012
This course is intended for IT professionals with hands-on experience implementing, managing, and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment, who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment. Suitable candidates are typically experienced system administrators who have real-world experience working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 environment.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement advanced network services.
- Implement advanced file services.
- Implement Dynamic Access Control.
- Implement distributed Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) deployments.
- Implement AD DS sites and replication.
- Implement Active Directory Certification Services (AD CS).
- Implement Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Implement network load balancing (NLB).
- Implement failover clustering.
- Implement failover clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implement disaster recovery.
*Please note the course schedule is subject to changes.