Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
Course Code: ITIC20331
Duration: 5 days (Daytime Class)
Lecture time: 27 hours
Lab time: 8 hours
Daytime Class Mon – Fri 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Price: $2980 incl.GST (includes Free Microsoft Official Courseware – valued at $250 and free Microsoft Exam valued at $206)
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 environment. This course will teach you how to configure SharePoint Server 2013, as well as provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help you optimize your SharePoint server deployment.
This is the first in a sequence of two courses for IT Professionals and will align with the first exam in the SharePoint Server 2013 IT Pro certification.
Who Should Attend
The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy and manage SharePoint Server 2013 installations in either the data center or the cloud.
Students typically have more than four years of hands-on experience* planning and maintaining SharePoint and other core technologies upon which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2008 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), SQL Server 2008 R2 or later, Active Directory, and networking infrastructure services.
An ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience with deploying and administering multiple SharePoint 2010 farms across a large enterprise. Because many customers skipped upgrading from SharePoint 2007, a candidate can also have at least 2 years of experience with SharePoint 2007 and knowledge of the differences between 2007 and 2010, particularly the Service Application model. A candidate can demonstrate the following skills:
- Software management in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually and in the cloud.
- Administering Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configuring Active Directory for use in authentication, authorization and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Connecting applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implementing Claims-based Security.
At Course Completion
- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2013
- Design an information architecture
- Design logical and physical architectures
- Install and configure SharePoint Server 2013
- Create web applications and site collections
- Plan and configure service applications
- Manage users and permissions
- Configure authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Secure a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Manage taxonomy
- Configure user profiles
- Configure enterprise search
- Monitor and maintain a SharePoint 2013 environment
* Please note course schedules are subject to changes, please check with our office before register.