As Senior Delivery Engineer you will be responsible for providing remote implementations of complex storage, server, and networking solutions via telephone and remote collaboration software. These solutions cover VMWare, Microsoft, and Linux based Operating Systems, Dell Networking, and Dell Storage solutions. You will answers questions and complete: discovery, design, configurations, installations, validate solutions and perform preventative maintenance of storage, networking, and server based solutions and systems for customers. You will also apply diagnostic techniques to identify and document implementation problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions to correct failures and solidify. Documents designs and customer communications within process and procedure. This position reports to the Enterprise Technical Support Manager.
Owns customer experience from beginning of service until delivery fulfillment (handles in place).
Provide timely response to Customers, Program Managers, and internal teams using all resources necessary to quickly and accurately design, configure, and implement customer engagements as noted in the Statement of Work or Service Description.
Actively support the customer in all aspects of Remote Services:
Routinely review all open engagements ensuring customers are informed of the status, next steps, and confirmed dates. The customer should be notified of expected callback times.
Take proactive role in Remote Services internal operations by:
Identify and track known problems and document them within the team.
Mentor and train other Remote Services personnel and team members so they can easily design, configure, and implement Remote Services offers.
Maintain/enhance skills levels according to future technology trends. Remain knowledgeable of the company’s product line, current industry products and technologies.
Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on multiple products by attending required technical training sessions and be able to lead training sessions for these products.
Ensure CRM and databases are current with validated customer information.
- Customer contact
- Hardware/Software revision(s)
- Detailed description of the customer expectation
- Detailed Implementation Design and as delivered documentation
- Detailed steps for resolution of any out of process engagements
- Be available for global or in region escalations and program management engagements during evenings and/or weekends on a rotating schedule.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Undergraduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experienced telephone etiquette skills.
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgment in resolving issues effecting customer satisfaction.
- Works effectively and efficiently under time constraints and high stress/pressure environments.
- Proven track record of handling multiple projects at any given time.
- Ability to identify efficiency improvements within given process.
- VMWare and Hyper-V virtualization knowledge (XEN Server knowledge a plus).
- Technical writing and attention to details.
To apply simply send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the position in the subject line