A multinational computer technology corporation provides technology solutions, services and support.
The company is looking for a Senior Network Technician with a track record of excellence as a Technical Support Advisor and a thorough understanding of networking infrastructure, Solutions-level support of Enterprise hardware and software. In this role you will support networking portfolio as well as the solutions that these products underpin.
You will be responsible for providing technical excellence on complex enterprise incidents. While the focus of this role is networking, this is just one component of the technology stack. We are looking for a talented technician that can work across multiple technologies and resolve support incidents for premium customers.
This role is primarily office based, but there will be occasions where a customer-facing on-site engagement is required. The Enterprise Technical Support Advisor is responsible for effectively identifying and carrying out the site engagement on these occasions. Training will be provided on networking products, however we are looking for someone that has prior experience with other networking vendors, in particular Cisco.
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience with a focus on Networking and solution support
- Networking experience to include support, maintenance, installation, configuration of complex networking environments.
- Good understanding of the following protocols and technologies:
STP, RSTP, PVST, Rapid PVST, PVST , and MST.
Routing, VLAN routing.
Stacking, LACP, QOS, VOIP and POE, vPC(cisco)/VLT (force 10)
- Strong problem solving experience and advanced troubleshooting skills
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills
- Strong time management skills
- Cisco: CCNA, CCNP
- Juniper: JNCIA
- VMware: VCP
Click here to apply or simply send your resume to email@example.com and quote the position in the subject line.