Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Course Code: ITIC20463
Duration: 5 days (Daytime Class), 5 weeks (Weekend Class)
Daytime class Mon – Fri 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Weekend class Sat 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Lecture: 35 hours
Price: $2980 incl.GST (Include Microsoft Official Courseware, valued at up to $250 and Microsoft Exam valued at $206)Book Course
Exam: 70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Credit towards Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA): SQL Server 2012
About this Course
This course describes how to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft® SQL Server® 2014, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for database professionals who need to fulfill a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing. Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing a data warehouse.
- Developing SSIS packages for data extraction, transformation, and loading.
- Enforcing data integrity by using Master Data Services.
- Cleansing data by using Data Quality Services.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
- Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
- Design and implement a data warehouse.
- Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
- Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction.
- Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data loading.
- Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
- Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
- Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
- Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
- Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse.
* Please note course schedules are subject to changes, please check with our office before register.