Installing and configuring Windows Server 2012
Course Code: ITIC20410
Duration: 4 Weeks (Weekend class), 4 Days (Daytime class)
Weekend class Sunday10:00AM-4:00PM
Daytime class Monday-Thursday 10:00AM-4:00PM
Lecture hours: 24
Lab hours: 40 (self-practice lab – book your own time)
Price: $1990 incl.GSTBook Course
Exam: 70-410 Installing and configuring Windows Server 2012
Credit towards Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012
This course is part one of a three-part series that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining, and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skills and tasks across the courses, this course primarily covers the initial implementation and configuration of core services including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), networking services, and Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 configuration.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who have good Windows operating system knowledge and experience and want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to implement the core infrastructure services in an existing Windows Server 2012 environment. The secondary audience consists of those seeking certification in the 70-410, Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 exam.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and Configure Windows Server 2012.
- Describe AD DS.
- Manage Active Directory objects.
- Automate Active Directory administration.
- Implement IPv4.
- Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Implement IPv6.
- Implement local storage.
- Share files and printers.
- Implement Group Policy.
- Use Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to secure Windows Servers.
- Implement server virtualization using Hyper-V.
- Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Lab : Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Module 2: Introduction to Active Directory Domain Services
- Lab : Installing Domain Controllers
- Module 3: Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Lab : Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects
- Module 4: Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration
- Lab : Automating AD DS Administration by Using Windows PowerShell
- Module 5: Implementing IPv4
- Lab : Implementing IPv4
- Module 6: Implementing Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Lab : Implementing DHCP
- Module 7: Implementing Domain Name System
- Lab : Implementing DNS
- Module 8: Implementing IPv6
- Lab : Implementing IPv6
- Module 9: Implementing Local Storage
- Lab : Implementing Local Storage
- Module 10: Implementing File and Print Services
- Lab : Implementing File and Print Services
- Module 11: Implementing Group Policy
- Lab : Implementing Group Policy
- Module 12: Securing Windows Servers Using Group Policy Objects
- Lab : Lab A: Increasing Security for Server Resources
- Lab : Lab B: Configuring AppLocker and Windows Firewall
- Module 13: Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
- Lab : Implementing Server Virtualization with Hyper-V
* Please note course schedules are subject to changes, please check with our office before register.