- Work on a highly sophisticated & mature redundant Aust & NZ network, which is the mission critical backbone for many well recognized businesses
- Get exposure to all major network technologies and protocols
- Work in a fun, supportive environment, with highly experienced peers to learn from
- Get paid above the market
This is an exciting opportunity to develop yourself and work as part of a highly skilled team of IT&T professionals, supporting the network of Australia’s largest secured ISP, Voice & Data. We supply Asia Pacific businesses with data and voice carriage via our national MPLS network.
This is your opportunity to develop to your full potential, through directly supporting the growth of one of Australia’s fastest growing companies (as listed in BRW’s Fast 100 for the past five years).
We are currently looking for a full time Level 1 Network Engineer for our National Network Operations Centre (NOC).
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Provisioning & support of data services
- Working with clients to activate data services
- Working with client s & carriers to troubleshoot issues
- Delivering technical resolutions for network faults
- Participate in projects for our national network
We’re seeking a motivated individual wishing to enter the Networking/ISP field, who is open minded and willing to learn as they go. Ideally you possess the following capabilities:
- A driven individual, interested in self development
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- CCNA certification, or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- A willingness to be mentored on the job
- Detailed working knowledge of TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of IP routing
- Experience in troubleshooting
- Understanding of firewalls and the fundamentals of TCP/IP security
- Desire to learn new technologies
In addition, experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Cisco experience
- Routing Protocols – preferably BGP
- VOIP and QoS experience
- Juniper/NetScreen Firewall technologies
- Proven track record working in a team environment
- Past carrier experience or working in a position that liaised with carriers
Click here to apply or simply send your resume to email@example.com and quote the position in the subject line.