Course Code: ITIC2012
Duration: 8 weeks (Weekend Course), 4 weeks (Daytime Course)
Weekend Course Schedule*:
Week 1 & 2 Course 6425 Sun 10:00am-4:00pm
Week 3 & 4 Course 6421 Sun 10:00am-4:00pm
Week 5 & 6 Individual Coaching & Lab Practice
Week 7 & 8 Course 6433 Sun 10:00am-4:00pm
Daytime Course Schedule*:
Week 1 Course 6425 Mon & Tue 10:00am-4:00pm
Week 2 Course 6421 Mon & Tue 10:00am-4:00pm
Week 3 Individual Coaching & Lab Practice
Week 4 Course 6433 Mon & Tue 10:00am-4:00pm
Lectures: 6 days
Lab: 100 hours
- 6425: Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services (2 days)
- 6421: Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (2 days)
- 6433: Planning and Implementing Windows Server 2008 (2 days)
- 3 × MOC & ITIC Exam Coaching Notes for each course (MOC valued at $250 each)
- ITIC practice exam questions
- Free re-sit for course if you fail the exam*
- 10% off exam fees
- 100 hours lab practice during the period of your study
Price: $ 2490 inc.GST
Based on the demanding job requirements of an IT support, or IT specialist, more and more people are looking to attain a MCSA (Microsoft Certified System Administrator). Many people now have over 3 years in IT, and have substantial hands–on experience, but they do not have Microsoft certifications, such as MCTS, MCSA etc.
Some of the reasons people give for not being certified are:
- Experience is more important.
- Certifications are just a piece of paper.
- They don’t have time to prepare exams.
- Gap between exams and experience.
- So many certifications confuse people.
Why should you become a certified MCSA Server Administrator?
The MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification can help you develop and validate your skills in your current position, or propel you toward a future role, such as Windows server administrator, Server systems administrator, or Network administrator.
Recent figures show the importance of obtaining the MCSA qualification:
- 63% of hiring managers think that certified individuals are more productive on the job
- Training and certification are necessary to maintain a high level of performance
- 43% of office workers report salary increases as a result of Microsoft Certification
- 57% of Microsoft-certified professionals expected to receive pay bonuses this year
- Certified teams are 28% more productive
How ITIC can help you to gain your MCSA certification in 4 weeks
- Step 1: Pre-assessment of students’ skills and experience
- Step 2: Setup personalised training plan and time-frame
- Step 3: Summarise key points in the exams
- Step 4: Attend the exam question preparation lectures
- Step 5: Review the exam questions
- Step 7: Sit for ITIC practice exams
- Step 6: Second exam questions review (individual coaching) – focuses on weak points
- Step 7: Sit for the exam
- Step 8: Lab practice – follow labs in the MOC (Microsoft Official Courseware)
- Step 9: Case study – experience sharing
Who should attend: IT engineers with 3+ years of experience
This course is intended for experienced IT Professionals looking to gain deeper insight and decision making knowledge for a variety of planning and implementation tasks typically carried out by Server Administrators. Also, this course is relevant for you if you have been working as a Server Administrator on a previous version of Windows Server and want to update your skills to the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1 environment.
6425: Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services (2 days)
- The Active Directory Infrastructure in Windows Server 2008
- Additional Active Directory Server Roles in Windows Server 2008
- Active Directory Objects in Windows Server 2008
- Group Policy Objects Strategy in Windows Server 2008
- Configuring DNS in Windows Server 2008
- Active Directory Certificate Services in Windows Server 2008
- Communications and Security in Windows Server 2008
- Monitoring, Backups, and Recovery in Windows Server 2008
6421: Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (2 days)
- Configure IP Addressing and Windows Services in Windows Server 2008
- Configure, Manage, and Maintain IP Services in Windows Server 2008
- Name Resolution in Windows Server 2008
- DNS Zones and Replication in Windows Server 2008
- Configure Network Access in Windows Server 2008
- Network Access Security in Windows Server 2008
- Configure File and Print Services in Windows Server 2008
- Monitor Network Infrastructure in Windows Server 2008
6433: Planning and Implementing Windows Server 2008 (2 days)
- Planning Windows Server 2008 Deployment
- Planning Active Directory and Group Policy for Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 Management and Delegation
- Managing File Servers and Data Provisioning in Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 Application Server Management and Application Provisioning
- Windows Server 2008 Application Servers and Services
- Patch Management and Securing and Monitoring Servers in Windows Server 2008
- Certificate Services, SANs, and High Availability in Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 Backup and Recovery
* Please note course schedules are subject to changes, please check with ITIC office before register.