Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Applications
Course Code: ITIC102312
Duration: 5 days (Daytime Class), 5 weeks (Weekend Class)
Daytime class Mon – Fri 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Weekend class Sat 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Lecture: 35 hours
Price: $2750 incl.GST (Include Microsoft Official Courseware, valued at up to $250Book Course
Exam: 70-576 Designing and Developing Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Application
Credit towards Certifications: MCPD: SharePoint Developer 2010
This five-day instructor-led course is intended for Microsoft SharePoint Development professionals who are responsible for leading projects, designing solutions, and identifying problems. In this course, students learn the skills and best practices that are required to help organizations design and develop effective SharePoint applications.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who will be responsible for designing custom code for projects that are deployed to SharePoint 2010 servers. To be successful in this course, the student will have at least two years of SharePoint development experience and should have experience with ASP.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
This course requires students to meet the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of the problem-solving techniques that apply to the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including the versioning of software and the management of configuration and content in a software system
- Basic knowledge of Web application architecture
- Experience in developing in a team environment
- Working knowledge of ASP.NET and Visual Studio
- Experience in SharePoint infrastructure including servers and services
- Experience in SharePoint development including the APIs and XML schemas necessary to create web parts, perform data access, and provision fields, lists, content types, etc.
- Completed course 10175: Microsoft SharePoint 2010, Application Development, or have equivalent knowledge and experience
At Course Completion
- Develop strategies for caching, session state, as well as design for high performance sites by limiting page size and iteration.
- Determine the most suitable presentation method, visual elements, programmatic objects and multilingual strategy which meet the design objectives.
- Evaluate available data access and storage methods and determine the appropriate implementation for the application requirements.
- Identify the pros and cons of various data capture options and specify the most effective method or combination of methods for capturing user input.
- Evaluate the use and implementation of SharePoint artifacts and determine which artifacts best meet the needs of the application requirements.
- Design processing systems to get work done in the solution.
- Create an effective strategy for implementation and deployment of custom solutions in both development and production environments
- Create a development strategy to allow multiple developers and administrators to work together.
- Devise a strategy for developing and deploying upgrades over time as the solution evolves.
- Develop an information architecture strategy that will support flexibility and growth and a navigation strategy that fits on top of this information architecture.
- Plan a comprehensive branding strategy and determine the necessary application elements required to support that strategy.
- Design and implement a security approach which supports both code access and end-user functionality.
- Design an effective strategy for optimizing page render times and data access methods within SharePoint 2010.
- Determine the appropriate use of unit and integration tests within SharePoint and design an effective strategy for ensuring maximum code reliability.
* Please note course schedules are subject to changes, please check with our office before register.