Microsoft Enterprise Search for IT Professionals
Course Code: ITIC10802
Duration: 3 days (Daytime Class)
Lecture time: 14 hours
Lab time: 7 hours
Daytime Class Mon – Wed 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Price: $1650 incl.GST
(FREE Microsoft Official Courseware, valued at $250)
This three day course prepares IT Professionals to administer enterprise search solutions using Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint. All aspects of administration are covered including search topologies, search sites, content crawling, federation, monitoring, and search reporting.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT Professionals responsible for administering the search features of SharePoint Server 2010 and FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
At Course Completion
- Design the deployment, scalability, and fault tolerance options for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
- Configure content sources, crawl content, and troubleshoot and monitor the crawl process.
- Create and configure enterprise search sites.
- Create and configure managed properties, keywords, and SharePoint search scopes.
- Create new federated locations and configure the federated web parts.
- Monitor and configure search reports and web analytics.
- Design the deployment, scalability, and fault tolerance options for FAST Search Server.
- Install FAST Search Server standalone and multiple search server systems.
- Determine when to use a FAST Search specialty connector and configure the FAST Web Crawler.
- Configure FAST Search enhanced managed properties, FAST Search scopes, business based promotions and demotions, FAST Search keywords, and Visual Best Bets.
- Implement a backup and restore plan for FAST Search Server.
- Monitor the FAST Search Server and use command line utilities
* Please note course schedules are subject to changes, please check with our office before register.