Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Search for Application Developers
Course Code: ITIC10805
Duration: 3 days (Daytime Class)
Lecture time: 14 hours
Lab time: 7 hours
Daytime Class Mon – Wed 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Price: $1650 incl.GST
(FREE Microsoft Official Courseware, valued at $250)
In this course, students will learn how to develop enterprise search applications for Microsoft SharePoint 2010. This course builds on the search-related material in 10175A Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Application Development. Topics include: processing data content, configuring Federation, search scopes, managed metadata, linguistics, federated object model applications, custom search applications, extending connectors using SharePoint Designer, and custom connectors using Business Connectivity Services.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for application developers and advanced system administrators working in the Enterprise Search area to extend SharePoint Server 2010.
At Course Completion
Explain the SharePoint search architecture and identify search components.
- Crawl and configure SharePoint sites and file shares.
- Create and configure a search site with out of the box search web parts.
- Create and configure federated locations and federated web parts.
- Implement SharePoint search scopes and managed metadata.
- Configure and customize SharePoint linguistic features.
- Create a search web part using the Federated Object Model.
- Create a Query Web Services client to submit a query and retrieve results.
- Create an External Content Type using SharePoint Designer.
- Create a .NET Assembly Connector using Visual Studio 2010
* Please note course schedules are subject to changes, please check with our office before register.