Course Code: ITIC20410
Duration: 5 Days (Daytime class)
Weekend class Sunday10:00AM-4:00PM
Daytime class Monday-Thursday 10:00AM-4:00PM
Location: 1/47 Parramatta Rd, Granville NSW 2142Book Course
Open Registration course is our premier course and the best starting point if you want to work in the Telecommunications Industry. Once you have successfully completed our course, and undertaken the required supervised work experience on relevant cabling, you can apply for your Open Registration Licence.
You can check the requirements for obtaining an Open Registration via the ACMA. Also, the Cabling Registrars have some information available, please view the pages for ACRS. and TITAB.
An Open Registration Licence enables telecommunications workers to legally install and maintain telephone, security and fire alarm cabling in all types of customer premises – however, please be aware that there are further training requirements for working with data cabling, coaxial cabling, or optical fibre installations.
Our course consists of five days of classroom learning , where you will be able to gain the following skills and knowledge:
* Terminate Cable
* Install cabling from socket to socket within a customer premises
* Detail the ACMA cabling licence requirements
* Describe the mandatory ACMA technical standards
* Describe the composition of a Telephone Cabling System
* Install all facility cabling and backbone cabling
* Recognise the requirement of a Telecommunications Reference Conductor and understand the correct methods of equipotential bonding according to the ACMA Technical Standards
* Recognise and be able to update cabling records correctly
* Test Telephone Cabling Systems prior to hand over to the client
* Please note course schedules are subject to changes, please check with our office before register.