About the company
A value-added IT distributor of unified communications, network infrastructure, data centre and security solutions with a network of specialty resellers. Our teams create unique programs and provide exceptional financial and technical support to accelerate the business of our partners.
We currently are recruiting for a determined and career-focused team member to join our Customer Service team as a Pre-Sales Engineer. The Pre-Sales Engineer is responsible for providing pre-sales technical support and quoting services to the channel partners and internal resources. They would be in charge of the pre-sales activity from quoting to the time the order is received.
The ideal candidate would possess the following attributes:
- CCNA-Data Centre a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the storage market.
- Detailed understanding of storage technologies
- Experience with Cisco UCS, Vspex and current Storage products is highly desirable
- EMC Presales level certification – A distinct advantage- VNX Unified Storage Solutions Design or VNX Unified Storage Infrastructure Solutions
- Experience with using the EMC CXP quoting tool is preferable
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships quickly and effectively over the phone with resellers, the vendor and staff.
- Excellent MS Excel skills necessary
- Technical aptitude along with the relevant tertiary education.
- Ability to ‘solution sell’ via the phone
- Proactive team player
- Good administrative skills with attention to detail and good follow-up
This role would be suitable for someone who has a desire to pursue a career in Presales, who has knowledge in the field and possesses strong communication skills. Please express your interest by emailing your resume to email@example.com.