Resume Writing Workshop
Schedule*: Saturday 3:30PM-6:30PM
Price: $200 incl.GST (Free for ITIC students)
This workshop will discuss the different types of resumes, give students hands-on experience critiquing resumes, and provide numerous examples. The workshop will guide you through the process of creating a resume and cover letter that highlights your relevant skills and effectively tailors your experiences to meet a potential employer’s needs.
- How to determine which of my personal, technical, and transferable skills to highlight
- Three methods for determining employer needs
- How to analyse different resume formats and select one that best markets my skills and abilities
- How to create a tailored resume and cover letter
- Covering Letter
- Purpose of a covering letter
- Structure of a covering letter
Things to remember
- Covering letter check list
- What does a recruiter look for in a resume?
- Resume format and layout
- Current resume reviewed and modified
*Please note course schedule is subject to changes without notice.