A global managed service provider that has been specializing in the delivery of network and communication solutions since 1997. We currently manage and maintain over three hundred networks with service locations spanning eleven countries. Our services include, but are not limited to, wired and wireless High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) to Hospitality, Mining, Education and Assisted Living markets worldwide.
As a Technical Services Representative you will be the first line of technical and operational support for our many partners, associates and customers across the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with less than 5 years experience (entry level welcome to apply) in IT networking, both LAN and Telco WAN with a CCNA or equivalent. The individual should ideally be from a service provider environment with strong troubleshooting experience in a Network Operations Centre (NOC) environment.
This role will start as a causal role with opportunities for full time positions opening in the coming weeks and months.
What We Are Looking For:
From a services point of view :
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Quick learner who can pick up product/system changes easily
- Good at multi tasking
- Patient when it comes to explaining technical concepts to stakeholders with little or no technical knowledge.
- An eye for detail and empathy for our stakeholders
- Honest, reliable and punctual
- A positive attitude is essential
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are a must
From a day to day point of view:
- Able to work within a small team environment, with a focus on being team-orientated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to both Lead and participate in projects
- Experience in developing and maintaining documentation and network diagrams.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Must be willing to travel and work remotely under limited supervision
From a technical point of view
- Linux knowledge and system imaging (particularly Red Hat based systems)
- Thorough understanding of switching and routing concepts and the OSI model
- Appreciation of all major Operating System’s (Windows/Mac OS/Android/iOS)
- Working technical knowledge of common network protocols including but not limited to SSH, WINS, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience in deploying LAN, WAN, wireless networks, experience with cabling, network design and documentation
If you meet some or all of these requirements please apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com.