This 3-day instructor led course provides students with the technical skills required to write basic to intermediate Transact-SQL queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
Writing Queries Using SQL
Server 2008 Transact-SQL
Course Code: ITIC2778
Duration: 3 Days (Daytime class), 3 Weeks (Weekend class)
Lecture: 35 hours
Daytime class Mon – Fri 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Weekend class Sat 9:00AM – 5:00PM
Exam: 70-432 Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
Credit towards Certifications: Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA): SQL Server 2008
This course is intended for SQL Server database administrators, implementers, system engineers, and developers who are responsible for writing queries.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the uses of and ways to execute the Transact-SQL language.
- Use the querying tool.
- Write SELECT queries to retrieve data.
- Group and summarize data by using Transact-SQL.
- Join data from multiple tables.
- Write queries that retrieve and modify data by using subqueries.
- Modify data in tables.
- Query text fields with full-text search.
- Describe how to create programming objects.
- Use various techniques when working with complex queries.
*Please note the course schedule is subject to changes.